Instant Oat Pancakes


Inspired by a post by Cheryl Jacobson, I decided to try pancakes made with oats.... now I did say inspired.... I didn't use the recipe but troweled through the interwebs to find out more and get some more inspiration.. The final recipe is my own. I ended up using a sachet of Creamy Vanilla and Peach instant oats with some tinned peaches and an egg mixed together. This was an experiment and although I am not gluten intolerant, I thought it would be a good idea to let the flour go for a bit. Whilst it wasn't a complete success, I was able to eat it all and the flavour was quite delicious. The texture took a bit of getting used to, especially as my mouth was expecting fluffy pancakes even though my eyes and common sense tried to tell my mouth it wasn't going to happen. I forgot to add baking powder which I am sure had an impact on the end result. Recipe - this makes 4 very small pancakes or 2 normal sized. I am glad I did the small as they were difficult to turn. 1 sachet of instant oats (about 75mls mark on a measuring cup) - I used creamy vanilla and peach 1/3 cup of tinned peach and juice 1 egg 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder (which I forgot) Add all items to a food processor and process until smooth. Using the Cuisine Companion, I did speed 3 for 10 seconds and then up to speed 6 for another 20 seconds with the kneading blade Next time, I will use the mini bowl as I think it got a bit "lost" in the big bowl. With a dollop of peach yoghurt, a couple of peach slices and a drizzle of maple syrup (the absolute necessary with pancakes), this made a sufficient amount for me. After eating this, I must say I felt a lot fuller than normal pancakes. I am going to keep working on this as I think it is a great alternative to regular pancake.

Check out the facebook group Waffle Wafers and Way Way More

Comments

Popular Posts