Steak Diane on Mashed Potato Waffles



I love it when my appliances work well together.

Thought I would try an old favourite and mix it up a little.

I felt like some Steak Diane and also wanted some waffles.

I thought about it for a while - what I would serve with the steak and thought about the go to - mashed potatoes.

Then I though - mashed potato waffles!

I purchased some frozen mashed potatoes.... yep .... frozen. I had never tried them before but thought they might go well in waffles and save me cooking them... they did! I took them out of the freezer this morning to thaw and used them and they worked a treat.

The waffles were so good, you can eat them on their own! 😋

The topping was nice too.

I made the waffle batter and the Steak Diane in the Cuisine Companion (I like it when my appliances play well together), however you can make it how you would normally.

Waffles
2 tablespoons butter
1 onion, peeled and quartered
2 cloves garlic peeled
2 cups mashed potatoes
¼ cup plain flour
2 eggs
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper

1. Place onion and garlic in bowl with Ultra Blade
2. Pulse until finely chopped
3. Place the butter in the bowl and replace blade with the kneading blade.
4. Slow cook P1 for 5 mins.
5. Add remaining ingredients and select Pastry P1 Time 1m 30s.
6. Pause program after 30s and scrape down sides.
7. Resume program.
8. Remove from bowl and set aside
9. Clean bowl ready for Diane Sauce
10. When ready - Cook waffles in the usual manner.

Steak Dianne

1 splash of olive oil
1 onion quartered
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Approx. 400g fillet beef
1 tablespoon plain flour
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
50g unsalted butter
¼ Cup beef stock
1 tbsp brandy
3 tbsp sour cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish

1. Place onion in bowl with ultra blade
2. Pulse until finely minced
3. Change to stirring blade and add oil.
4. Slow cook P1 for 5 mins
5. Add tomato paste and cook PI 2 mins
6. Add steak and plain flour
7. Slow cook P1 for 2 mins
8. Scrape sides and check spindle for caught meat
9. Change to slow cook P2 for 10 mins
10. After 5 mins, Scrape down sides and add all other ingredients except cream and parsley
11. Slow cook P2 for 5 mins
12. Check meat is cooked
13. Add sour cream and stir speed 4 for 1 minute


If you like waffles, don't forget to join Waffles, Wafers and Way Way More facebook group for recipes and inspiration.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/268900027091591/

Comments

Popular Posts