Chorizo, Chili and Feta Pasta / Pasta Salad. #cuisinecompanion #philipspastamaker


Not a great photo - and it isn't even finished with the spring onions, parsley and lemon zest, but it was Christmas Eve and I was in a hurry.

I lurve pasta and pasta salad so what should one serve on a hot Sydney Christmas day? BBQ chicken and salads.

This salad was inspired by Serious Eats however changed to suit me (first time I made it I didn't like the pickled onion or the amount of vinegar). I also didn't use peppers as some of my family don't eat them (quelle horreur). I replaced the picked onion with fresh spring onion and I also added marinated feta. I also used chilies instead of chili flakes.

With this pasta salad, 2 of my kitchen toys played well together. The cuisine companion did the very hard work of chopping the garlic, chorizo and chili. I don't like chunky chorizo so had it cut very fine. The CC then cooked the chili, chorizo and garlic.

My Philips pasta maker made the pasta with my new MACCHERONI QUADRI (square macaroni) screen from Pastidea. I love this screen and the pasta has a unique texture as you can feel the corners of the pasta.

Ingredients
2 medium cloves garlic - peeled
½ tablespoon cup sherry vinegar
2 Spanish chorizo each sliced in 4
2 long red chilies cut in quarters
1 small red capsicum chopped
500 grams macaroni pasta
1 tbs ev olive oil for cooking chorizo
Plus 3 tablespoons of oil from marinated feta for dressing
100 marinated grams feta crumbled
1/3 cup chopped parsley leaves 
2 spring onions, thinly sliced on the bias
2 to 3 teaspoons zest from 1 lemon
Freshly ground black pepper


Method
1. Place chorizo, red chili and garlic in bowl with Ultra blade 
2. Speed 12 time 15 secs
3. Change blade for stirring blade
4. Pour 1 tbs oil into bowl 
5. Launch slow cook P1 for 10 mins – check to see if chorizo is cooked
6. Cook pasta following directions of packet. Make sure you salt the water sufficiently
7. When pasta is cooked and chorizo is cooked combine in bowl with feta, sherry vinegar and oil from fetta. Toss together.
8. When ready to serve, add spring onions, capsicum, parsley, pepper and lemon zest.






Comments

Popular Posts